PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
The government is providing £450 million for improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015, 2015 to 2016 and again in 2016 to 2017.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change4Life clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Game
- run sports activities with other schools
Please see below the documents to account the spending of school to promote sports.
- Junior School Sports Funding Information 2013-2014 [pdf 49KB]
- Junior Sports funding - Analysis Sept 2013 updated July 2014 [pdf 281KB]
- Sports funding - Sept 2015 [pdf 207KB]
- Sports funding - Sept 2015 reviewed [pdf 209KB]
- Infant School Sports Funding Information 2013-2014 [pdf 40KB]
- Sports funding - Analysis Sept 2014 [pdf 113KB]
- Sports funding - Sept 2016-2017 [pdf 207KB]