Science at Thorpe Hesley
At Thorpe Hesley Primary School this is what we believe science should be like:
- Science is fun and hands on.
- Children get a light bulb moment and realise why something happens.
- Science is seen as important and relevant to the children's lives.
- Science learning is cross curricular
- Children learn practically.
- Science learning is celebrated on displays around the school.
- Children are excited about finding things out for themselves.
- Children use all their senses to discover and find things out.
- Science learning carries on at home with parents and guardians
- This is very important to us and so much so that we have recently been awarded a SILVER Primary Science Quality Mark! Well done Science Team!